We are two weeks into 2021 and honestly, in my heart of hearts, I can’t say I feel much different. But I am more than ready for something new. Of course Audrey and I have set our new year’s resolutions and goals for the coming 12 months. I look forward to them every year. But time is a funny thing in that tomorrow can just be the next day, or the start of an entirely new year. If you focus on the monumental change of the calendar, it’s easy to use that excuse to change your life. Things feel more real when they have an important start date, they feel more whole. For example, if I add a new skin care product into my routine, it feels right to do it on a Sunday, at the start of the week. And at night when my routine is the longest. It makes sense to start a diet on the first of the month, even if you quit on the 4th. We are bound by subjective time, but it helps, and I love it.
1. Decide Aura: For the past few years, I have started an important ritual to kick off my new year- deciding my aura. I think that personal energy is a super important factor in how my life is going, and it makes complete sense to me that that energy would be exuded in a color. Color is a huge part of who I am, why wouldn’t I exude one? And why shouldn’t I choose what that color is? I have yet to have my aura read by a professional, though I am sure there is a color that encompasses my whole being and is perpetually casting me in an angelic halo of light. But choosing a color I wish to give off is exciting because it sets an intentional attitude I will try to hold for an entire year. How I want to come off to new people and what parts of my personality I will emphasize, etc. The first aura I chose was for 2019 – magenta. 2020 was amber. 2021, I have decided, will be sage green, which should help me have a balanced and harmonious year in adventure and peace. Sign me up.
Besides my aura, I came up with a few other resolutions:
2. Be more complimentary: I want to give a lot more compliments. I love receiving compliments, so to give them, I think, will bring more positivity to my life. I want to focus on the good that I notice and vocalizing that will make it more apparent.
3. Do the splits?
4. Procrastinate less… hence this blog post (2 weeks late but we’re trying)
5. Make more money: I’ve thought about it, it’s the only way I can live
5. Read more books: recommendations?
6. Thrift more
This year I decided to focus my new year’s resolutions on what my heart truly wants. Without even a second of hesitation this list sprang into my head like divine intervention and I can’t help but feel it is destiny for all of these things to come true within these 12 months.
1. Break someone’s heart
2. Get a sugar daddy without even trying
3. Learn to cook but never do it and eat out every meal
4. Join a pyramid scheme
5. Get a really bad haircut
6. Continue not being vegan
7. Make really bad paintings and give them to acquaintances so they can’t throw them away
8. Be the prettiest contestant on a game show
It’s not 202fun for nothing, okay? We will be starting new chapters of our lives in 2021 if all goes correctly, including but not limited to: moving out of our parents house, becoming famous and getting slim thicc. All this and more to come while being frugal wenches.
Trends we are excited about for this year:
1. Ballet inspired clothing (audrey’s sweater)
2. Skinny scarves
3. Low waisted baggy men’s jeans (on us and on actual men)
4. Dressing like Ashley from Disturbia (2007)
5. Long sleeves that trumpet at the end and roll because they are unhemmed
When we find the sleeves, we’ll let you know….